This year-long sequence covers the theory of electricity and magnetism. Physics 430 is the first semester of that sequence. The topics are electrostatics, boundary value problems, magnetostatics, and electrodynamics. Prerequisites:Successful completion of undergraduate level PHYS 27200
- Understand the theory of electrostatics.
- Be able to solve boundary value problems relevant to electrostatic
- Develop and understanding of the nature of magnetism and magnetostatics.
- Develop the skills to solve electrodynamics problems.
- Learning Objectives: problem solving skills electrostatics and magnetostatics. We will consider problems in vacuum and in materials.